This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kali80 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
     kali80 
    Participant

Hi Ana,

Do you think it is a good idea to put together a few product packages in additional to the à la carte products?  Here is what I was thinking:

Collection 1:

12×12 parent album, 2 grandparent albums, 24×36 or 30×40 canvas (I’m not sure which one to use), all digitals from session, facebook timeline (should this be in a package or just be given for free?)

Collection 2:

10×10 album, 25 digitals, 20 x 24 canvas, 1 – 16×20 portrait, 2 – 11×14 portraits, facebook timeline?

Collection 3:

Birth announcements, 2 – 11×14 portraits, 4 – 8×10 portraits, 6 – 5×7 portraits, the matching digitals

How much should these collections cost?  I know this will vary depending on my area but I just would like a general idea to know if I am under charging or over charging for these collections.

Thank you,

Karen

Ana Brandt 
    Keymaster

Yes – packages are always great – people love bundles. You should always have ala carte too in case they don’t want a budle.

The album – how many images are in the album – that depends on cost – where are you printing the album? What is the wholesale cost of the album and how much time will it take?

I can’t give you package pricing without knowing what you are pricing your individual products.

kali80 
      Participant

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your advice, I have provided answers to your questions below.

The prices below are the wholesale cost which include $11.00 shipping and HST (13%).  I am printing these items at a local professional photo lab called GTA Imaging in Toronto.

Collection 1

12×12 parent album – Album with Photo Suede Cover, center core pages (10 spreads / 20 sides): $300.58

2 – 5×5 grandparent albums – 5×5 (10 spreads / 20 sides – Block Cover album, center core pages): $168.37

20×24 Canvas (1.5 inch): $154.81

All Digitals from session

facebook timeline

Collection 2

10×10 album – Album with Photo Suede Cover, center core pages (10 spreds / 20 Sides): $263.86

16×16 Canvas: $106.22

1 – 16×20 Portrait (Fine Art Giclee Print): $65.54

2 – 11×14 Portraits  (Fine Art Giclee Print): $57.63

25 Digitals

Facebook Timeline

Collection 3

Boutique Birth announcements (25): $54.81

2 – 11×14 Portraits  (Fine Art Giclee Print): $57.63

4 – 8×10 portraits (Fine Art Giclee Print): $71.19

6 – 5×7 portraits (Deep Matt): $23.89

The matching digitals

Thank you,

Karen

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  kali80.
      • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  kali80.
     Ana Brandt 
    Keymaster

For albums it is ideal to double or even triple.

For canvases each area has their market rate for canvases- you should check with the local area photographers and what they are charging. Usually, you want to mark up at least 3x from the wholesae price.

kali80 
      Participant

Thank you Ana!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©Ana Brandt Inc.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account