This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 10 months ago by Ana Brandt.

• Author
       Ana Brandt
      Keymaster

Please watch the video

Please tell me
      Do you have contracts?
      Do you have a call log?
      Can you take time to create a call log or modify your form?
      Is there something in this service area you can improve?
      Answer below.
       Elise
      Participant

1. I do have a contract, but i have a lot more on mine than yours.

2 attached

3. I am thinking maybe I have to much? Maybe I can simplify it more?

2.I currently do not do phone calls, but I have all my information in 17Hats.  So if I correspond with them I make notes in the contact under their project.  I also have a questionnaire that I have to fill out with the important information like birthdates, family members, etc.

again….i cannot attach.  

https://122071.17hats.com/p#/contract/wgrtvgbknvtwxndzvxwvpxcnkkfzzkbb

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Elise.
      • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Elise.
         Ana Brandt
        Keymaster

Wow yes it is a lot – I would also have the shoot date – clients name – ie session details on it.

Marcela
      Participant

1. Contract Forms – I do have a Photography Contract I use for all my sessions and a Model Release I use for Model Calls and complimentary sessions.

2. I tried attaching but I couldn’t!. =(

3. Last summer I had a lawyer draft my contract so I’m happy where it is now. Maybe I can tweak some info here and there but overall it has been working really well for me. I liked the referral part you put on yours at the bottom, might add that.

4. I do not have a call log! And I think this is a brilliant idea! I always start filling a new contract over the phone, but I like the idea of having a different form where I can take notes more informally before filling their contract. Will work on it today! =)

Thank you!

jporteous
      Participant

Honestly…. I started using contract and model release forms but due to my fathers health the last few years then his passing I was missing some deadlines so for newborn shoots/ portraits I just used the t’s & c’s On my website….. apparently contracts are not worth the paper they are written on in Scotland/ UK??….

however, in saying that I will be setting everything up differently this year and model release forms are back in! I do referrals after training with you before Ana and initially it worked really well but to be honest my head became so busy with my dad that I started getting complacent with mentioning it and leaflets lying around don’t jump into peoples pockets lol…. so again this is my 2018 plan!

love the call log and I wish the clients would call me….. drives me nuts with FB messages or now Instagram messages on top of emails etc…. I would love to encourage people to pick up the phone again…. any ideas here are very welcome xx

kali80
      Participant

Hi Ana,

I currently do not have a contract and model release forms but I will work on adding these forms to my business this year.  However, I am in Canada and we have a copyright law that was implemented in 2012 that allows photographers the rights of all photos they take and they now do not need a signed model release.  So, I am not sure if I should still add this to my contact.

I also do not have a call log form.  I think it is a great idea and it will be useful in my business as well.

Thank you,

Karen

Ana Brandt
        Keymaster

Interesting – I still think you should have some sort of contract – what about reshoots? Or other issues that may come up?

AmorMoments
      Participant

Hello Ana, I do not have a contract but I’ve been looking into one and when I can across this one I downloaded them but it will not let me change some things on there I got drop box so how do I change a few things on here ?

Ana Brandt
        Keymaster

They are pdfs so just copy the format.

Ana Brandt
      Keymaster

Here is the sample –

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©Ana Brandt Inc.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account