musenphotos
Participant

Hi Ana,

Got it! Now move on to pricing topics. My current pricing strategy is:

A package that would include x amount of digital files with print release printable upto 8×10, and also include a print product worth about 10% of the pacakge price. I don’t charge session fees. Additional digital edits and print products are at a la carte pricing. I have taken some basic pricing class before and I did factor in my goals, fixed costs, variable costs, labor costs, etc.

So basically, I don’t lose money with such model unless I went crazy with props. But since I rarely do in person sales, my earning is very thin. Sometimes I feel the burnout and the urge to quit because it is not rewarding. One thing we have been doing with this private mentor is to re-package myself and transform myself to be perceived as a premium photographer. The other is I don’t know what other pricing models I should consider. I have seen other photographers charge a very low session fee say $95 and give out $250 studio credits to be used. But I don’t have a nice catalog to present.

I have a lot of questions regarding how to price myself right and what else I need to prepare to go hand-in-hand with whatever the model I choose to go with. I don’t know exactly what questions to ask you because I am clueless. What would be some basic rules in pricing 101?

Thanks,

Karen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©Ana Brandt Inc.

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account